To ensure that programs are in place for the well-being, care, compensation and commemoration of serving and ex-service Defence Force members and their dependants. And promote government and community awareness of the need for a stable and progressive Australia.
- Provision of effective and efficient management of the League's assets and resources for the benefit of its members and the serving members of the ADF.
- Provision of Welfare and Advocacy provided to serving and ex-servicemen and women and their dependants.
- Assistance to all veterans, ex-servicemen and women and their dependants who are in need.
- Enthusiastically supporting the provision of commemoration and remembrance of those who have served our Country.
- Participation in Employment Programs for veterans, ex-service members and their dependants.
- Providing camaraderie, fellowship and mateship to its members.
- Acting as an effective lobby group to Government and its departments.
Providing moral and active support to the ADF:
- Promoting fair pay and allowances for ADF personnel.
- Providing comfort parcels for ADF members serving overseas through the RSL Australian Forces Overseas Fund.
- Lobbying to ensure that ADF personnel who serve in war-like or non-war-like operations are covered by appropriate benefits.
- Provision of Honorary membership of the League for the ensuing year for members of the ADF returning from operational or peacekeeping duties.
- Promotion of loyalty and pride for the Nation, its people, the Crown and the flag.
- Active co-operation with other ex-service organisations.
- Supporting the education of the Youth of Australia in the achievements of our armed forces.
(Extract from RSL NSW Website)
This is your invitation to join the Bass Hill RSL Sub-Branch, a charitable ex-service organisation. The League should not be confused with RSL Clubs or Service Clubs with their poker machines and beer. The League and RSL Clubs are two separate entities each with their own membership criteria. Your Membership will ensure the League can continue assisting serving and ex-service members of the Australian Defence Force.
If you are a member of another Sub-Branch and live within our local area, you are welcome to transfer. Our benefits as a Bass Hill Sub-Branch member outweigh many other Sub-Branches.
If you are unwell, we ask your family or friends to keep us up to date, so you don't miss out on your entitlements.
Please consider us if you are looking to join a Sub-Branch which is active and will consider your needs as an ex-service member. We are here to help you.
Due to changes in the Legislation and the regulation of the Charities Regulator the Benevolent fund no longer exists.
This does not mean that we cannot help our Members. What it means is that there now has to be a proven need for assistance before we can help with funds. We are there all for other welfare requirements.
Apply for Membership to our Sub-Branch
RSL NSW Constitution & Standard Operating Procedures
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
1 - Charitable Activities, Donations and Charitable Purpose Contribution
3 - Conduct of sub-Branch Meetings
4 - Sub-Branch Election Procedures
5 - Responsibilities and Duties of sub-Branch Executives, Committee Members and Trustees
6 - Sub-Branch Property Dealings
7 - Accounts, Financial Management and Expense Re-imbursement
9 - Ceremonies and Memorabilia